Monday, October 3, 2011

2 Month Letter and Update.

My dearest beautiful

You are getting so big.  I can't believe that it has already been 2 months since you have come into our life.   In some ways it seems like you have been here forever, and others, it seems like  you just got here yesterday.

We took you to the doctor yesterday and as expected, you are growing wonderfully!!  You are now 11 lbs, 8.5 oz and 23 1/4 in long.  Which means that you are still in the 90th percentile for height and about the 75th for weight.  You are also in the 90th percentile for head size, but that just tells me that you are going to be a very tall, skinny, smart little girl, which is fine by me.

This past month we have noticed that you are DEFINITELY more alert.  You started to get your days and nights mixed up.  But after a couple of days of keeping you up and only letting you sleep for about an hour at a time, and then also flipping you head over heels (its an old wives tale, you can ask me about it later) you are now sleeping a lot better.  We can get you to go to sleep at 9 most nights and you will sleep till about 2 or 3 before you want to eat again.  This is fabulous for me.

You are definitely smiling more and more and I can get you to smile on command practically.  You love to be tickled and talked to and played with.  And you are squealing more all the time.  You are SO LOUD!!!  I can tell you are going to be a screamer, which is fine by me, but it will drive your Dad nuts!
Sorry that photo is upside down, I don't know why its doing that, it is right side up on the computer, but I can't rotate it on the blog.....if anyone is reading and knows how to fix this, please tell me
 
You are slowly but surely starting to into some of your 3-6 month clothes.  You haven't outgrown your 0-3 month clothes yet, but its coming in the next couple of weeks,  Some onesies are pretty snug.   This is bittersweet.  I want you to grow up and get bigger because you will become incredibly fun the older you get, but you won't be my little squishy beautiful girl anymore.  You will become my wiggly hyper little girl.

Speaking of squishy, you still do your squishy face when you are waking up and when I take you out of your carseat.  Its incredibly cute and I just love it.  I may have to have your Dad take a video of it so that I can always remember your cute little squishy face.  I'm almost positive that it won't be something you carry with you when you get older.



You are also starting to loose your newborn cry and get a big girl cry.  You do this weird little yelpy type cry.  It is too entirely cute.  You have started getting your tears and sometimes now when you cry, you have tears running down your face, which is completely heart breaking.
You also cough a lot, and usually when you do, you start to gag and choke and spit up.  So, the doctor says that you have reflux, and that we need to keep your head elevated.  Which I have been doing anyway from day one, because lets face it, who likes to sleep flat on their backs.  You may be a baby, but you still have to be comfortable, and that's just not comfortable, so we propped you up a little. 

You love to have your diaper changed, and usually you cry your little heart out when you have a dirty diaper, but once we get you in your room to change you, your mood changes completely and you spend the whole time smiling at your bubbles and making shrieking noises, its so cute.  

You are asleep in your swing right now (which you love by the way, and Mommy and Nanny got it for a STEAL at a consignment sale, you will learn that you have a very thrifty Mommy, and I will teach you how to be as well, saving money is a wonderful thing baby girl.) and you keep waking up a little bit, and smiling and making noises and go back to sleep. 

You eat like a champ about every 3 hours.  Sometimes Mommy has a hard time keeping up with as much as you want to eat, but we are still working things out, and I will do everything that I possibly can to make it work.  I enjoy those times so much.  You are so sweet, and I will never forget those times that I am feeding you.  You don't latch well, unless I hold your head, but we are slowly learning how to do it so that you get enough.

I know that I am forgetting some of the things that I want to put in here.  I need to start typing it all out more often so that I (we) can look back on it some day and remember.  But I love you so unbelievably much sweetheart.  You hear it all the time that once you have a baby you love them more than you ever thought you could love something as much as you love your baby, but it is so true.   I am so proud to be your Mom and to have you as my daughter.  You are the best baby, but of course I am a little biased.


I love you beautiful, you are my everything.  This next month is going to be wonderful.

Millions of hugs and millions of kisses every day,
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment