Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 32!

I went to go see my doctor yesterday.  We had a really good appointment.  We got to see Leigha on an ultrasound again, and even though ONCE AGAIN I have some pretty crappy pictures (ones that just barely show her nose and mouth) the video is much better.  I just wish I knew how to get it on video on here because its on VHS.   I may have to figure that one out.   Anyway the tech told us that Leigha has some hair on the back of her head, more than likely all over, but its easiest to tell on the back of her head.   She's definitely head down now.  He said that she weight OVER 5 pounds already, and that she is already taller than little boy babies at this same age (something about boy babies leg bones usually being bigger than girls).  All that I really heard out of that and the first thing that I told the doctor when he walked into the room was that she's already over 5 pounds!   I'm sorry, but I don't want to give birth to a 9-10 pound baby.  I couldn't handle that.  I don't want to know what that's like.  I have just gotten used to the fact that she may be 8  (I'm hoping for 7 LOL)

Anyway at the appointment I got to show my doctor my birth plan, and he gave me some insight on things that are completely not possible given our hospital, things that are a good idea, and things that are OK, and some of his reasoning behind why things are done the way that they are done,  So I have made the necessary changes and will probably bring him the final draft in 2 weeks. (Yes, I've heard that if you make one of those that you are basically jinxing yourself, but lucky for me, I'm just happy that I'm getting a baby out of the whole ordeal, so the thing can be tossed and I won't care)

Weight Gain:  I don't remember what it was at my last appointment.  She kinda took it in a hurry and I forgot to ask, but as of yesterday I'm up 20 pounds.  BUT since I had just eaten a really big lunch not 20 minutes before, I'm estimating it to be about 15-18 pounds.  Which is pretty cool, I'm OK with it.

Symptoms:  I can't breath at all if I'm up and moving about, which is pretty often these days since I have been trying to get her room together as best I can.  Also I have that pregnancy waddle down pat! LOL.  I can definitely tell that she is head down and there are times that I swear that she is holding my hips with her hands trying as hard as she can to not let my legs move.   Totally not possibly I know, but its hard to move these legs sometimes LOL, also the swelling has started.  Its been in the 90s here and I can definitely feel it.  Its not bad swelling, like my BP has been perfect lately, but its just the uncomfortable can't get my rings off without struggling or running my hands under cold water uncomfortable.  I may have to make a trip to Walmart to find a cheap replacement because there is no way I'm cutting these things off LOL.    

Cravings: Chicken.  Which is odd because I don't want to make it. LOL.  I guess its more of a "haven't had that in a while craving" as opposed to a gotta have it type thing.   Also watermelon.  Probably watermelon more than chicken actually.  A few days ago, I actually ate an entire watermelon in 1 day.  Sad I know, but it was SO good.  Doesn't hurt that its my all time favorite fruit anyways, and its summer and there is nothing better when its super hot outside than getting a huge slice of ice cold watermelon out of the fridge.  OK, seriously, I need watermelon NOW.  Like I'm tempted to get in the car (at 3 am) and find a grocery that is open, or Walmart and get me a watermelon.  I won't though.  I don't want to have to admit to Richard that I had done that LOL.     Looks like I'm making a grocery run first thing in the morning :D
 
I am loving:  That I have a new job.  That her room is completely painted (I'll post pics at the end).  That I'm almost done with 2 week appointments (only have 1 left).  That she's measuring 14 days ahead of schedule...thats something else we learned today too.  Doc isn't changing my due date.  Something about the accuracy of the ultrasounds during the 3rd trimester, and if its plus or minus 20 days during the 3rd trimester then they change it. (darn for that, but I'm changing it myself.  Now I'm saying anywhere between the 15-31st LOL)  I'm also loving that sometimes I can feel what I now know to be a leg or a foot.  If I lay on my left side, and put my hand on the side of my stomach I can feel her rolling around in there, and every once in a while a little foot or knee or something will roll across my hand and stop.  To the point that I can almost "grab" it (Dang I wish that I was thinner pre-pregnancy, because I probably could see it too)

I am looking forward to:  Getting all the crap out of her room.  I have a cousin who is coming to pick up a keg fridge that we have had since Richard's bachelor's days, and The salvation army is supposed to come pick up an old mattress.  That will be all the big stuff, and then I get to shampoo the carpet.  I'm super excited because then, everything is cleaned out, and baby stuff can start to be moved in.  :D 

I'm spazzing that:  In as little as 4 weeks (but as much as 8) I can have a baby in my arms.  I say 'as much as' because my doc has already promised me that he won't let me go over my due date.  I guess that's pretty good since we already know she's gonna be a big one.  

Milestones:  Can you count head down as a milestone?  Not sure,  Although now I know that the things that I am feeling at the top of my stomach are definitely kicks and the ones at the bottom are definitely punches.  OH!!  I almost forgot....I felt hiccups for the first time yesterday.   I know I have probably been feeling them for a while, but to me they just felt like her punches.  This last time when I felt them, it definitely went for a longer stretch and was definitely rhythmic so I was able to tell that they are definitely hiccups.  Pretty cool!  :D

Movement:  In the morning and evening mostly. Occasionally she will kick during the day, but its not often enough that she does it for me to put down a time frame.  This of course has my mom completely excited telling me that she has her days and nights mixed up already and that its payback because after I was born I had my days and nights mixed up.  I just nod and smile and humor her because everything that I have read states that most babies move during that time because we're not.  That during the day we are moving around so they are pretty much being rocked constantly. 
 
It's a...: GIRL!!!!!

Exercise: Definitely no.  Between getting out of breath by walking for even less than 5 minutes, to sometimes feeling like there is a head in my pelvis, to the braxton hicks contractions, which don't feel very good, I'm not doing any more exercise than I have to.  

Name:  Leigha Summer.  I think I love it more every time I say it or spell it or have someone say it to me.  Early on, I wouldn't say it to myself.  I wouldn't say it out loud.  I don't know why.  It confused a lot of people because I would tell them thats her name, but would constantly refer to her as "the baby", or "her", or even "it" LOL.  I told my mom that I think its because she isn't here yet and it just seems weird to call someone by name that I haven't met, that I don't know.  Its hard to explain.  It didn't seem real that the person in my belly had a name.  Its still kind of weird to refer to someone that isn't even here yet, but I'm that way with all babies that aren't born.  My friend had a baby recently, she knew her name right after they found out it was a girl, and would refer to her as such.  Its just weird to me.  I don't know why LOL. 
 
This first picture is her "bubble wall"  Its a pale yellow and will be where her changing table/dresser will go once we get it from Richard's parents  I LOVE IT.  I love the yellow, and the way I painted the bubbles it matches perfectly with her bedding, and I just love this wall.  (You can also see into her bathroom, which is a complete wreck and full of things I pulled out of her room that need to go into the attic LOL)
 
 This is the wall to the left of her bubble wall.  The rest of the room is pink, and you can tell that I put some more bubbles around the room as well.  I didn't want that one wall to stick out so I just put a few of them here and there.  I love how it turned out.  Oh and that brown thing, its a shelf that we are going to put into the living room, hopefully this weekend or next, its HUGE and heavy and needs brackets and templates and screws and its pretty heavy duty and needs hubby's help :D
 This one is the doorway in/out of her room.  Its on the right side of her yellow bubble wall.  I'm just loving the bubbles.  That big pink one?  Its my favorite.  Yes, I'm weird I know, I have a favorite bubble that I painted LOL.  Oh well. 
 
 I won't show you all 6 pictures that I took of her room because it would just be windows and closet and stuff like that and while I'm sure this is pretty boring to people I know, I won't bore strangers with the rest ;)  

OH also we have her coming home outfit all picked out....
Isn't it cute!  Its the Vanderbilt onesie that I used to tell Richard that I was pregnant (I always knew I would bring the baby home in it, but since we know its a girl, I had to make it more"girly" LOL)  Anyway the onesie is 0-3 months, the skirt is 3-6 months I think (but super unbelievably tiny, so I'm hoping it works) Vanderbilt socks and a headband that I MADE!!!   I can't believe I made that.  Pretty cool if I do say so myself.  I was going to buy one for like $10-$15, but I got to looking at them online and figured that they look really simple, so I went to Hobby Lobby and found the stuff to make them.  I spent $12 and used $6.50 worth of material to make 5 different colored headbands!!!!   I made them for $1.31 a piece!  Granted I do have a lot of leftovers so I can make more and not have to buy as much stuff.  I am going to make a bunch of them for friends that are pregnant.  I think that it will be a good baby gift for cheap LOL.  I am totally debating on opening my own etsy shop and making those and some smock dresses that I think that I can get "pre smocked" fabric from the craft store and sew one strip and make my own smocked shirt or dress for little girls, or big girls, or pregnant women, and maybe some of those ADORABLE pillow case dresses too.  I'm going to check that out today.  I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully they have the stuff because those smock dresses/shirts are my current favorite type of shirt.  Not only do they cover the belly, but they make my boobs look pretty darn big if I do say so myself LOL.   :D 

OK wow, this is really long and I should probably get some sleep tonight, so I'll stop now.  BYE!!!  :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment