Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day in the life.....Wednesday, 10/5/2011

12:04 am.  I am woken up by a little miss who is just dying to eat.  This has completely thrown off my routine as she normally does not wake up at this time, but she fell asleep at about 8pm the night before after downing a bottle, so I guess she is due.  I feed her and she falls right back to sleep,  as do I after snuggling deeper under my covers.

4:00 am.  OK, this is more normal.  She is wanting to eat again.  This is usually when she want to eat in the morning, so I am used to this.  However, for this feeding, I can smell something brewing in her britches, so unfortunately I have to change her, which means she is going to wake up, which means I have at least a 2 hour ordeal ahead of me to change her, feed her and get her back to sleep.  

5:45 am.  Richard just left for work, the beautiful one is laying next to me WIDE AWAKE, I decide that in order for me to even remotely think about falling back to sleep she has to go back in her bed.  I think that I fell asleep before her, but who cares, we both fall asleep for a while.

8:30 am.  Time to get up for good.  I feed her again, get up, let the dogs out, put her in her swing, check facebook, pinterest, email, google reader, and let the dogs back in.  Leigha is still awake just swinging, and this time she is starting to whimper so I go change her and get her dressed.  She has to wear something cute because we are having pictures taken today.  I put her in her swing, take a shower, and get ready to meet Kristy for lunch. while Leigha naps.

10:00 am.  I watch a little TV because I just love Alton Brown and Guy Fieri.  :D  My 2 favs on the food network.  

12:00 am.  I pull up to Kristy's house and we head to The Corner Pub for lunch.  Leigha is wide awake, and I am ready with a bottle, but she decides she doesn't want to eat then, so she naps during lunch (SCORE!!)  I get wonderful chicken tenders, and Kristy gets a steak salad.  Those always look so good, maybe next time, I will try it (I always say that)

1:30 pm  We are finished with lunch, and on our way to the park.  But first of course, we gotta have ice cream, so we stop by sonic for a blast.

1:45 pm.  By this time Leigha is screaming for a bottle, so I prop her bottle up on a blanket and eat my ice cream before it melts.

2:15 pm  Because of some very inconsiderate grounds keepers who cranked up their leaf blowers and blew dust and gas fumes all over us, our ice cream and the baby, we rush away from that park.  There wasn't any real pretty place to take pictures anyway, at least none that weren't very crowded.   But unfortunately I didn't get a good pic of them because we left so fast.   (Like I was buckling Leigha back in her car seat as we rushed back to the car.)

2:30 pm.  We make it to Long Hunter State Park.  I get to wrap Leigha up and off we go down the walking trails by the lake.  I wanted my friend Kristy to come because #1, she's an awesome friend to hang out with,  #2, she's a great photographer, and I will never turn down an opportunity for her to take pictures of Leigha, ad #3, I had been asked for photos of me wearing Leigha by the makers of the sleepy wrap (maybe for the website, who knows) We do a little posing, I take some pics, Kristy does too, she teaches me a little about photography, we take more pics.  Just basically have a good time walking around, watching people, watching ducks, talking gossip, that kinda thing.

3:15 pm.  Its time to head home.  I drop Kristy off at her house and head home to unpack my pantry so that Richard can move it today to tear out the floor.  We have someone who wants to buy it so it has to be up by Friday. Of course when I get home, I can't help but get online to get the pics that Kristy took while I feed Leigha.  They are really really good.and of course, I play more on facebook to see the all important stuff that happened to other people while I was out.  I dawdle online until 4:45 when I start clearing the pantry before have to start work at 5, nothing like procrastination :D.

5:30 pm  Richard is home and starts to tear out the floor.  Its a little harder than he expected it to be, but we are going to get money for it, and we both hate this floor, so he just cusses through it, thank goodness Leigha is still little so we can get away with it.
6:00 pm.  I FINALLY get some report to come in.  I've been sitting here for about an hour waiting on work as usual.  Playing solitaire and eating my Werther's, with Leigha asleep in the pack n play next to my desk.   I don't know why I haven't brought this thing in here sooner.  I can put her in it with her aquarium playing music and she is as content as can be.
6:30 pm  She wakes up, nurses again, and afterwards I go back and forth between typing reports and putting her paci in her mouth and trying to help Richard by moving things out of his way without getting IN his way.
7:30 pm.  Break from work.  I have to decide what I am going to dress Leigha in tomorrow.  My grandma is in town from California, so this will be the first time that she will meet Leigha.  I can't wait.  I want to find her a beautiful outfit to put her in so that I can take lots and lots of pictures of Leigha and her Hun Hun. (That's what all her great grandkids call her).

8:00 pm  Work is now non-existent, and Leigha is now sound asleep in her bassinet.  Which is fine, but I kinda have her strapped to her bouncy (and I am NOT telling you with what, because its kinda odd, but totally works) and am starting to wonder just how I am going to get her out without waking her too much.   But she will need to eat anyways, so I guess its all good if she wakes up a little.

8:45 pm.  Laura on Navigating the Mothership  (The wonderful woman who has inspired me to do this post) has posted her day in the life, and I have a little mini freak out that I have missed the deadline for me to link up to her page LOL.  All is good though and I continue reading her post.

9:15 pm  I start working on my post again, and start to wonder if maybe mine is a little too mundane.  Its kinda boring.  Work, feed the kid and sleep, and kitchen remodel.  Oh well, it is, what it is,  Its a day in my life, and its not all that exciting at the moment LOL.
9:20 pm.  I realize that I haven't eaten dinner yet, and I am completely starving and starting to get a little shaky because I may have had a few too many Werther's.  I need something salty STAT!  I go to find popcorn only to discover that Richard has unplugged the microwave and I have NO IDEA what I have done with the popcorn.   Looks like I am going to have to eat some peanut butter.  I really need to go grocery shopping.  I will have to do that Saturday morning.

9:30 pm.  In the middle of the peanut butter hunt, I discover that Richard has in fact, NOT unplugged or moved the microwave (or maybe he did move and plugged it back in, yes entirely possible) So I can make popcorn, but by this time I am really wanting peanut butter, so I find the popcorn and get both.  and a Sprite. Dinner of champions.... in the middle of a kitchen remodel.... on a budget LOL.
9:35 pm, I totally almost break my neck trying to get to the fridge to get butter to put on the popcorn by sliding on some of the floor that we Richard has taken up.  (BTW, first time I have used that cross out text, too cool, I am so proud of me LOL)
9:58 pm.  Just when I think my work day is over, I remember that its Wednesday and I have one more hour.  UGH.  One more hour of sitting here waiting for a report to come across my computer to type.  This is really getting ridiculous, but unfortunately we have been told not to say anything to our leads because apparently they don't need to deal with that stuff.  It sucks, but oh well, its a paycheck, even if its a small one. 

10:05 pm.  I was waiting to feed Leigha until I went to bed at 10, but since that's not going to happen, I decide to feed her now since she just won't accept the paci anymore.  It takes me nearly 45 minutes to feed her tonight because she is doing her weird pulling off thing, and crying in between.  I try to burp, sometimes I get one, and finally I can't handle her pain anymore and I get the Mylecon.  I swear that stuff works miracles.  I give her the dose and almost instantly Leigha is back to being her sweet quiet, smiling self again.   I really have to figure out what it is that I am eating or drinking that makes her like this.  I'm thinking either cokes or sugar, but every time I try to cut it out of my diet,  I forget and eat some of it.
10:45 pm  6 more minutes!!  I start to prepare to get Leigha to go to sleep.  Richard conked out long ago,  so its all me at this point.  I am hoping that since she is wide awake now squirming and talking in her pack n play that she will wear herself out by 11 and we can all fall into our respective beds and asleep.   She is already starting to get cranky and fuss when she spits her paci out, so she is at least headed in the right direction.  I realize that I really wanted to give her a bath tonight since she is going to meet my grandma in the morning, but that's OK, I can give her a quickie bath in the morning before I get her dressed.
11:00 pm.  FINALLY!!!  My work week is over, so I shut down my computer, gather up the beautiful one and head towards the bedroom trying not to trip over anything in my path.
11:20  Leigha is in her little bed, asleep for now, and I am trying to wind down for the night by watching a little TV.  I am so tired that I try to fall asleep, but Leigha has other ideas and by 11:45 is up crying again.  So I try to nurse her back to sleep in the living room so she doesn't wake up Richard.  Success FINALLY comes about 1:00 am when I put her back in her bed for the night.  I guess she needed just a little more to eat.  But in the back of my mind, I think she may be starting to get her days and nights mixed up yet again.  But time will tell.  By 1:15 am, I practically can't keep my eyes open long enough to figure out how to turn out a light and as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out for the count as well, for at least a few hours till I have to get up and do it all over! 


  1. That state park looks so nice - the pictures of you and Leigha in the wrap turned out really well!

  2. My son was born a month before your daughter. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is exhausted! :)

  3. I totally just realized that my blogger account isn't synched up with my blog. Fail! :)

  4. @ Laura, I have a TON more pics, and they all turned out awesome. I will be posting more eventually I'm sure. And my fave is the one you used on your Day in the Life roundup post!! :D I was so happy you used that one!

    @Amy, DEFINITELY exhausted, I never could have ever imagined being this tired.

  5. Oh man, this post is making me scared to have a new baby again :) I remember my daughter doing the exact thing you described when nursing (pulling off, fussing, etc) and it was so frustrating! Mylicon did work a lot of the time so that was great.

  6. @ Erin, I obviously don't have any advice for having 2, I'm sorry, but I will be following your blog to see how to do it when the time eventually comes. ;) Also, cokes turned out to be the culprit....and not just cokes, but ANYTHING with carbonation in it. :(