Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in review

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
A whole heck of a lot....but the main thing...had a baby

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't really remember my resolution if I did make one.  However, I am assuming that if I did since I was all consumed at this point with my new pregnancy, it would probably have something to do with have a happy healthy baby.  So in that regard yes.  But my long standing resolution (which is of course the same one for this year is to be more organized) and that one I failed COMPLETELY!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me! and my friends Diana, Sara, and Jennifer

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great Uncle died this year, but I wasn't close with him

5. What places did you visit?
No where.  I'm a homebody.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I would like to have a better grip on things.  I hate the feeling like you are slipping backwards....I only want to go forwards, even if it means starting some things over...just in a different direction.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 24 - Leigha is born!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting to 9 cm dilated by myself.  I got to the hospital at 7 cm dilated, but they checked me after I got the epidural and I was at 9, so I'm counting it as 9.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Being a good friend since Leigha was born.  I still haven't really figured out how to put my friends on the front line and manage being a mom at the same time.  Also, I haven't been as good at keeping it all together as I had hoped.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
If you consider the INSANE rash that I got after having Leigha, then yes, but in general, no.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I haven't really bought anything really, except for some clothes for Leigha and a few for myself.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have 2 that go in this category.  Richard.  He was much better than I expected when I was delivering Leigha and that just blew my mind.  Also my mom.  I expected her to be way overbearing this year with having her first grand baby and all, but she has been awesome...she has been my rock and my go to person for advice.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Again, I have 2.  Richard.  I had expectations and dreams and they haven't turned out as I wanted and I am REALLY struggling with this.  Myself.  I wish that I wasn't so moody and that I was able to hold it together more.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and baby stuff.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Leigha.  How could I not?  She is a good baby all in all.  And I don't know how I couldn't not be really excited about my first.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I'm so horrible with music and titles and singers.  Its really sad.  Although pretty much everyone has listed a song by Adele and the only one that I can think of now because of that is 'rollin in the deep'  At least I think that's what it was called. 

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?Today, sadder...Overall, definitely happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner!  Whooo for remodeling the kitchen...its easy to loose when you don't have a kitchen to cook in LOL  I am currently 20 pounds under pre-pregnancy weight, and I hope to keep going.  I know how good it feels to loose that weight now...and it makes me want to keep going.
c) richer or poorer?Moneywise, poorer (such is life with a baby and getting laid off work)....lifewise Richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend more time with friends and then in the later half, I wish I had taken more naps with Leigha after she was born...I think it would have kept me more sane.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worrying, and freaking out.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With our families.  I can't wait till next year when we are hosting!


21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Oh yes, I did... with Leigha, and even more with Richard when I see her with him sometimes when he is playing with her.


22. What was your favorite TV program?
I like Up All Night and Whitney.  And of course my old favs, Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement.

23. What was the best book you read?
I haven't read any books this past year sadly :(

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Adele I believe.  I really like her music. 

26. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby.

27. What did you want and not get?
An easy baby.  I thought that they existed, but somehow I am beginning to doubt that. 

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I got Horrible Bosses for Christmas and that was pretty good.  So was Friends with Benefits, and Just go with It and I also got the Help and I can't wait to watch it. I am sure its a good one too. 

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday was kind of a blur this year.  I had a 2 week old and I seriously don't remember what went on. Kinda sad for my 30th huh?

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More sleep, more money, more work. 

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Comfy frumpy.  Jeans and an old Tshirt for the majority of my pregnancy, and then after it was lots and lots of yoga pants and sports bras and sweatshirts.

32. What kept you sane?
I'm not!  I really feel like I am loosing it sometimes.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have discovered the train wreck that is the Kardashian family. They are so beautiful and I am sure that it is all for TV, but they are just so hilarious, I can't help but watch.  And I WANT Kim's hair and Khloe's personality and Kourtney's money sense! LOL

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Giant FAIL on following political issues.  I HATE POLITICS  I think ALL politicians should take a VERY long walk off a short peer and that the government should just start all over with a new way of thinking.

35. Who did you miss?
My grandparents.  My grandma is still alive, but all the others aren't and I really wish that the were because I know they would adore Leigha.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Leigha..HANDS DOWN!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I don't think that I did learn a life lesson. 

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I said earlier that I'm bad with music and such, and I'm not lying.  The one that seriously keeps popping in my head is the part of the Adele song 'I could have had it all' but somehow that doesn't really seem appropriate in the grand theme of my life this year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment