Monday, January 2, 2012

Mark it in your calenders!

I just had to announce it everywhere because it has NEVER happened before, but Leigha has been asleep for 12 HOURS!!!  She went down at 10:30 p.m. last night.  She did have a brief crying session at 12 but I was able to put her pacifier in her mouth and pat her back and put her back to sleep.  She then woke up to nurse for 30 minutes at 5:00 am, and she has been asleep ever since. 

I am estatic about this because for the past 2 weeks she has decided that essentially she doesn't need to nap for longer than 30 minutes a day....which as any parent knows only leads to extreme crying in the evenings, or really any time of day.

I am relishing this time.  We are planning on delivering rice krispie treats to our neighbors today and I have been fast and furiously been making batches and batches of the things while she is sleeping.  

Well it was a short post, but I hear her waking up.  Maybe she will get to watch some of the rose parade afterall.  :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment