Monday, January 2, 2012

Blogger, you're weird. and other random things

HELP blogger friends!!!  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to stop blogger from filing my posts under the dates that I start them instead of when I post them. 

Take for instance my 2011 in review post (or whatever that thing was LOL)  I started filing it out on December 31st, but I finished it and posted it today.  However, it shows that I posted it on the 31st.  (Which really kinda makes me look like I'm on top of my game, so maybe I should have used a different example LOL).  I know, its not  that big of a deal, but then I have posts that I start like Leigha's letter, back in the beginning of December because I wanted to document exactly what went on that month and not leave anything out and then I am going to have to cut and paste it because I don't want it to say that she turned 5 months back when she was technically only 4 months.  

OK, so maybe its just me that's weird, but I can't help it.  I am who I am, but you still love me anyways right? ;)

======

I got a sewing machine last month and can I just say its INSANELY awesome and has put me into a "gotta make everything myself" spiral that could seriously rival Martha Stewart's craftiness. OK, I'm exaggerating on that one, but it really really bad.  I had all these plans of making all these different kinds of things for Christmas presents and of course because I have a baby who demands lots of attention from me all day, I had to limit my Christmas crafts to only 1 or 2 people who I was having trouble finding things for.  BUT now, I have all year to make things to give to people for Christmas next year, or their birthdays or just for whenever. 

So far with my sewing machine, I have made 2 scarves, a car seat canopy for Leigha, hand warmers, pants for Leigha and mended several ripped blankets and pillowcases.  However, I am trying to find something that I can make for my Mom.  I have no idea what I want to make her.  And then next, I am going to make something for myself.  Something that I can use or wear and be super proud to display on a daily basis.  Maybe a shirt or bag or scarf or something like that.  I don't know, I haven't decided yet. 

I have a stack of T-shirts from Old Navy that I bought like 3 days after Leigha was born and I bought them 2 sizes too big on purpose because at that time my boobs and belly were still GINORMOUS and I of course thought they were going to stay that way, so now I have several shirts that I can't wear because they are too big and the necks are stretched out because I have a baby who likes to hold onto my shirt while nursing...maybe I will steal one (or several) of the T-shirt up-cycles, or would it be re-cycles, and fix those things.  I also have a pair of jeans that I really need to alter because they sent me the wrong size and I can't send them back because they don't sell them anymore, so I need to see if I can make them smaller.  WOW, I don't just start with the small things aparently I just like to dive right into the deep end of the pool! LOL.

OK, now I'm almost off work, and I really need to get Leigha's 5 month old letter done and posted...well maybe just done ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment