Monday, January 23, 2012

5 Month letter one month late

It just occured to me as I was sitting her reading my google reader that I never wrote a 5 month letter to Leigha.  Now of course she will be 6 months old tomorrow (WTH!  WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!!!)  But I still want to write a letter to her, and update what she was up to, so here it goes.


My beautiful brown eyed girl,

You are 5 months old.  And you are the most beautiful little 5 month old that I have ever seen.  In the last month you have really found your feet, you CONSTANTLY have them in your hands.  It makes diaper changes pretty hard, but its OK.  We are working on getting you to "stretch" your legs.  You are getting the hang of it. 
We started feeding you rice cereal after your last doctor's appointment in the hopes that it would get you to sleep through the night.  It didn't work.  You woke up 5 times that night.  So we waited a couple of weeks.  Then when we really started giving you cereal on a regular basis it only took you a couple of days till you figured out that you didn't like it.  And honestly, I can't say that I blame you...it was nasty and tasted like cardboard.  So I mixed in some carrots and you tolerated it for a while, but then you started to not like carrots.  You get bored with eating the same food over and over and I can understand it, because I am the same way.


You are really starting to notice the dogs so much more now and smile whenever one of them comes near you.  You like to "pet" them and while you aren't always easy, it sure makes you happy, even if it makes them run off.

You can laugh and you have the sweetest little laugh, but you don't let us hear it unless you are tired, but that's OK, we will hear it sooner or later all the time, and I can't wait.
We try to get you on a schedule, but it like you know what we are doing and you buck the system EVERY TIME.  We do the same thing every night but earlier, and you stay awake till you normally fall asleep which is about 11.  I would love for you to go to bed early every night  like maybe at 7, but we will get there soon enough.  I think its especially hard because work at night and your daddy has a hard time putting you to sleep.  I can't wait for that day that you put yourself to sleep without eating or crying.  It will be heaven.

I love you more and more each day sweetheart.  This may be the hardest job that I have ever had, but when you smile at me in the morning it is totally worth it. 


Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment