Wednesday, November 2, 2011

3 month letter

My darling little beautiful one,

3 months has come and gone SO FAST.  I never knew time could move so quickly.  But I have loved every minute of it.  I love waking up to see your face, which starts out as crying until I pick you up, then you are all smiles and cuddles for about 5 minutes before you remember that you are hungry.

You have started smiling a LOT more.  Last month you pretty much smiled only in the morning and at night.  Now you smile a lot more during the day, and you have started smiling at more people and not just your Daddy and I.  However, you still pretty much refuse to smile for the camera if you know its there.  I can catch you sometimes if I hold it far enough back and zoom in because you still can't see that far away, and forget shooting a video, you just stare with this blank look on your face most of the time.


This past month my Grandma (your Hun-hun) was in town.  You loved her.  You felt so content with her you fell asleep in her arms most every time she held you, and towards the end of her visit, she was even able to have a 'conversation' with you because you were talking so much.  She loved it.  I know it was very hard for her to leave you and go back home to California, but she will be back in the spring hopefully so you will get to see her again.

You do like to talk alot to me and your dad, and when we make the same noises back at you you think its the greatest thing ever!  You smile so big.  You also have recently started trying to stuff your hand in your mouth, which makes for some very interesting sounds when you try to talk or cry even.
You are even trying to roll over. Kinda.  You like to roll on your side and sometimes you are perfectly content to stay there but other times you really try to get all the way over.  I have tried to put you on your stomach several times to see if you will roll over that way, and you have done it once, but I think it was more of an accident because I haven't been able to get you to do it since.  But that's OK, all in good time sweetheart, you will get there.  And if I'm being honest here, I don't want you to do it too quickly because that just means you are getting so big.

Speaking of big, I had to take you to the doctor last week because you had some weird skin things going on on your back and chest and legs.  They had me weigh you and you now weigh 13 pounds 2 oz.  You have grown a whole pound and a half since our last visit a month ago...A POUND AND A HALF IN A MONTH!  I can feel it too.  I can no longer pick you straight up out of your bassinet, now I have to tilt you to a sitting or kneeling position in order to pick you up that way.  But that's what I get for having such a tall bed huh ;)

But at the doctor they told me that you have eczema, and that's what is wrong with your skin.  But we have all kinds of creams and lotions and it is getting a smidge better so far.  Your doctor has also put me on a special diet.  I am no longer allowed to have dairy, nuts, eggs, or seafood.  The seafood part is pretty easy because I don't like fish (although I won't ever tell you that till you're older because I want you to like it) and I can do without shrimp.  The dairy, eggs and nuts though are a whole other ball game.  I LOVE those things.  Its hard, but I will do ANYTHING to help you get better because I know that your skin makes you uncomfortable...I am sorry for that sweetie.  I wish you didn't have to go through that.

This has been a really fun month so far.  I can really tell that you are getting so much bigger.  You are still throwing us for a loop with sleeping though.  Sometimes you do it, and sometimes you don't.  You still take the small cat naps during the day, only about 30-45 minutes at a time and you take several throughout the day.  Sometimes this is nice as it occasionally will help you sleep for a longer stretch at night because you are so tired by the end of the day, and other times its frustrating because I no sooner put you down then you are back awake again, so its hard to get things done around the house like cleaning.  Although I have to admit, I would rather you do that and me have to entertain you all the time than clean.  Hopefully you don't inherit the same hatred of cleaning that I have.  I hope you are a neat freak and teach me to be one.

You still do this little curling into a ball when you are waking up and we pick you up.  I am trying to find someone to capture it on video because I want to have that on record because its not something that you do every time, and I know soon you will stop.

I know that there is a LOT more stuff that you have started doing my sweetheart, and that I need to start typing this letter out as the month progresses, but as I said before your napping times leave me very little time to get much done around here.   But hopefully things will get better.

I love you my sweetheart, you are the light of my life and I love you with all my heart.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment