Thursday, August 16, 2012

New business venture

On Richard and Leigha's birthday a couple of weeks ago I lost my job.  I used to do medical transcription from home.  Long story short, because of a mistake a doctor made, he wanted me gone and so they had to let me go, kinda sucks that I had to get the shaft for him to cover his butt, but its alright, I never really made that much money with that particular account anyway. 

Its kinda nice.  Even my therapist agrees that it was probably for the better because I get to spend more time with Richard and Leigha and essentially re-join the world because I had been working nights and weekends for well over a year.

Anyway, Recently I have learned to sew and have really enjoyed it.  I like making things for children. Clothing, toys, stuff like that.  I made Leigha an arm chair for her birthday and she loves it.  I brought it to her party and everyone there loved it too and told me I should try to sell it.  So I figured that I would make an extra one and give it a shot.





Here's the one that I made. I'm selling it for $50.  Its stuffed with a polyester filling and hand tufted, and has an enclosed wooden base to help prevent the chair from tipping over while a child is sitting in it.

I posted it on facebook and craigslist.  So far I haven't gotten any bites, but I'm still hoping.  I'm even considering opening an Etsy shop to sell them.  

I sure hope that this works out for me because I have a lot of fun making them.  Send up a prayer for me about this please if you don't mind.  Also if you have any advice on selling on Etsy, please let me know, I've never used it before.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment