Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The End

I did it.  I breast fed Leigha for 1 year, 1 week and 6 days.  I accomplished my goal.  I had known that I wanted to wean her for some time, I just thought that the evening feeding before she went to bed would be the hardest, it was the only one we had left.

Today I decided that I was going to try not feeding her tonight before she went to sleep.  I had been dreading it for weeks.  I told Richard that it was going to be a rough evening.  I gave her her bath, put her jammies on, she got her good night kisses from Daddy waved goodbye to him and off we went to her room.

During naps I usually hold her and sing a couple songs and she starts to fall asleep in my arms and I put her in her bed.  Tonight I did the same thing.  She never put up a fight.  She cried a little when I put her in her bed but as soon as I shut her door she stopped.

I was crying as I left her room.  I never imagined that it would be this hard.  I knew that I only wanted to do this for a year.  I guess I enjoyed the private time more than I thought that I would.  Now its over.

I told Richard that I never dreamed it was this hard to stop.  He told me to look at the bright side that maybe now we can work on someone else putting her to bed.  That will be hard too.  No one has ever put her to bed but me.  I don't know how that will work.

But for now, its over.  1 year, 1 week, 6 days.  Its a wonderful accomplishment that went WAY too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment