Monday, December 20, 2010

Telling the parents

Yeah, 2 posts in one day.  Its a Christmas Miracle ;)  LOL.

So the day before Thanksgiving we went to go see Richard's parents and tell them about the baby.  Richard made up some excuse about going up there and we sat and talked for a while about football, the news, Thanksgiving and what I was supposed to bring to Jackson, all that other stuff.  Then he tells them that we are going to have a baby.  Not that big of a reaction from them.  They already have one grandchild, so really its probably like a "been there, done that" kinda reaction.  But they are excited about it and ask me how I am feeling.  Its sweet.

The plan was to go to my sister-in-law's house to tell her or to at least tell her the next day at Thanksgiving, but I guess Richard's parents were so excited about it after all that they called and told her for us.  Not what I was hoping for, but it is what it is,  and if I could change it and tell her first, I totally would so that she could hear it from us. 

Then a few days later we go to tell my parents.

We go up there with the story that we are going to get a Christmas tree from a farm up near their house.   Our tradition is that we cut down a fresh one every year, and just about every year we have had a problem with either the local farms running out due to drought or waiting too long or just going out of business.   We already had our tree, but we needed a story, so that's the one that Richard and I came up with to give us an excuse.

We get there and they aren't home so we wait for about an hour.   Once they get there we chat for a bit and then I tell them that we lied and that we didn't come up there to get a tree, we went up there to tell them that we are having a baby. 

This is their first grandchild so they are beyond super thrilled.   My mom jumps up and down, crying, laughing, and squealing...oh and clapping.  My dad just starts crying and shouting YES!!!  LOL.  At one point he even thanks Richard.  So we are all chatting some more and every once in a while my Mom erupts in bouts of crying and clapping.  I don't know that I have ever seen her so happy. 

So that should bring you up to speed on all the major details about how I told Richard, and our parents and such...now let the pregnancy posts BEGIN!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment