Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 21-24 update

I really don't have anything to write about.  Nothing really has been going on lately.   I'm just sitting here watching Chopped and eating dinner, so I thought that I would post an update.  For some reason I was thinking that it has been longer since I have posted one, but only a couple weeks, but oh well.  Maybe this means that I will start blogging and updating more, who knows, (its a nice thought anyway)

Weight Gain: I think that its about 5 pounds.  My scale is going all wonky on me now, but I'll take an average of 5 pounds.  Some days its 5, some its 10.  Its still scaring me a little making me think that I will have eaten 5 pounds in one day, but whatever. 

Symptoms:  I'm not having any symptoms, other than I'm for sure now feeling kicks and my belly is huge!  Too big for 24 weeks, but it is what it is.  (I'll post a pic at the end so you can see just how big I am)
 
Cravings: I'm not craving milk so much anymore, I still like it, but I don't think I'll be drinking 3 gallons in one week anymore LOL.  Now its chicken and carbs.  Its the main reason that I am eating a bowl of macaroni right now LOL.
 
Aversions:  Mexican food.  And I have found out that its not just all Mexican food, just the stuff from our local Mexican place that I used to LOVE and crave on a daily basis.  I can't eat the tacos and burritos and stuff that I used to eat there anymore.  Not really sure why that is considering I can put away Taco Bell like nobody's business.   I know Taco Bell isn't really considered Mexican, but I like the tacos and burritos there which are the same things that I can't eat at the Corral.  This pregnancy craving stuff is WEIRD! 
I am loving:  That I am definitely feeling her move now.  It doesn't feel like what I thought it would.  Its more like taps from the inside than bubbles or butterflies or anything that I have heard it feels like.  But either way, its pretty cool.
 
I miss: My clothes.  I have cute maternity clothes that I LOVE, although I am quickly needing more since its warming up so quickly here (It was 91 today!  YIKES!!)  Most of my stuff is sweaters or long sleeves.  I need to find a place that I can get cheap clothes.

I am looking forward to:  Warmth and sunshine and flowers and birds and frogs near our pool that sound like monkeys.   I know that's not pregnancy related, but it sure as heck will do numbers for improving my mood! 

I'm spazzing that:  Water is now giving me water.  Plain water.  Cold, room temp, warm, doesn't matter, it gives me horrible heartburn for about 5 minutes after I drink it.  I knew it was doing that at night when I would get up to use the bathroom, but yesterday I realized it was doing it during the day too, and the funny thing  is I probably still would be oblivious to it if it weren't for another blogger who is dealing with the same thing. (yeah, I can be dense sometimes) 
 
Milestones:  We have a stroller!  That could go in several different categories, but I couldn't think of anything else to put here.  Its pretty.  The picture online shows more of a turquoise color, but its more of a green.  Its not horrible, I still like the color, its just not as bright. 

Movement:  Oh yeah.  And I think I have been feeling her from the outside.  I say I think because the one time I did it was 1am and I may have imagined it, and the other times its just so faint I can't tell for sure.  I do know one thing though, she does NOT like things on my stomach, she will kick at them if she can get to them.  Its kinda funny, and yeah, I will admit I've been pestering her with it and doing it on purpose.
 
It's a...: GIRL!!!!!

Exercise: I was...but probably not so much anymore.  My assignment at Vandy ended this past Friday so there goes the 4-6+ blocks a day.  If its not too hot I may try to get out and walk during the day, but I don't know. 
 
Name:  Her name is still Leigha Summer, but as you may have noticed, I have changed the spelling.  I wanted it to be pretty, but something that wasn't normal, and I wanted to to be more than 3 letters.  I have wanted to spell it like that for a while, but changed to Lia for some crazy reason, but now I've changed it back.  I may change it again so I'm gonna keep this as a category LOL. 

One more thing I want to add.....If you could, say a little prayer for me that the temp agency I work for finds me something for these last few months.  I have a sickening feeling that she's not because of the baby (which sucks and is completely illegal, but unfortunately there is no way that I can prove it or believe me I would, and I really need something.  That or that I get a permanent transcription position soon too, that would allow me to stay at home with Leigha which is something that I would LOVE to do.  I don't want to put her in daycare.  

See, I'm pretty big already, and this was taken at 22 weeks!  I'm almost scared to see how much bigger she's gonna get!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment