Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 25 Update

OMG mark this day on your calendar! I am doing a weekly update post that's not including several weeks worth.  Check my temperature, what's wrong with me ;)  LOL.

Nothing.  I'm just sitting here watching 'Dear Genevieve' on HGTV and trying to care for a mopey, shaky, tummy gurgly dog who alternates from wanting to be held to being as close as possible without being in my lap to being no where near me LOL.   He gets like this sometimes, we aren't really sure why, and he snaps out of it almost as quickly as it comes on.  I am beginning to think it has something to do with the particular brand of dog food we feed them.  I think he eats so fast and doesn't chew and then it sits and expands in his tummy upsetting it.  I could be wrong, who knows, but that's what I'm going with.  Anyone else have this problem with a pup?

Anywho, I'm supposed to be writing an update, not talking about my dog so lets continue. ;)

Weight Gain:  I am gonna go ahead and say 8-10 pounds total.  I don't have one of those digital scales though and I only have my glasses now because I ripped my last pair of contacts so I can't see the numbers very well anymore so its probably not that accurate.  We'll find out Monday when I go to the doctor.

Symptoms:  Whenever one of my pregnant friends would talk about their baby "tap dancing on their bladder" I never really understand what it meant.  Well I do now! LOL.  If I wait too long I can usually tell when she's up by feeling her tap dancing on the bladder and then I know that I have to find a bathroom STAT because if I were to cough or laugh or sneeze it could be embarrassingly disastrous! LOL
Cravings: I'm not craving anything anymore really.  I want food and I eat all the time, but its nothing that I really want.  That's really frustrating.  I wish I could find a craving and like it.  I don't want to be snacking all day.  Its not healthy for me, the baby or our food budget.  LOL
 
I am loving:  I can feel her from the outside if I trick her.  Wherever she kicks if I put my hand there she usually will move away and kick somewhere else or stop completely.  SO I have to trick her by putting something on my stomach (she hates that) and putting my hand under it and letting the weight of the object press down on my hand, then she will kick it, or I have to wait till its really dark then put my hand on my stomach.  I guess she really can see light through all my bigness. ;)   I try to get Richard to feel but he doesn't keep his hand on my stomach for long.  He says the idea of feeling her move on the outside freaks him out but I want him to feel it once then I won't bother him with it again.   BUT if anyone else asks I tell them I can't feel her from the outside yet.  Its Richards baby and I think that he should be the first person to feel her. 
I miss: Being able to walk around and do things anywhere without getting winded. 

I am looking forward to:  My baby showers.  One is gonna be at the end of May on the 29th and the other probably during the first weekend in June.  That part is coming up fast and I am getting really excited about it and check my registries daily even though no one knows about them yet.

I'm spazzing that:  We may not get her room done in time.  Richard and I were talking about it and he has come to the conclusion that it won't get done and she will be living amongst boxes.  My problem is that he's given up before he even started.  I need to get in there and clean it up, but we need to have a garage sale to get the big stuff out of there and of course I can't move the big stuff.  I think that if I go in there and try to get things done and I get help from family and friends, he may jump in and help....It may just be a dream, but I'm really hopeful.
Milestones:  If I were to give birth today she could be able to survive.  Granted with lots and lots of medical intervention and would likely have lots of health problems, but she could live.  I think that's pretty cool and didn't realize that till I got the email from Baby Center.  I thought that the survival date was still several weeks away.

Movement:  Yup, but not for Richard yet.
It's a...: GIRL!!!!!

Exercise: Not so much.  I did spring clean our room yesterday though.  BUT I think I over did it.  My back started hurting yesterday, I went to sleep with it hurting and it still hurts today, so I am taking it easy laying in bed, cuddling my sickly pup when he wants to be and watching decorating shows.
Name:  Leigha Summer.  The consensus is 99% positive on the name.  My Mom and her sister don't really like it because they knew a Leah like 20 years ago and both of them rarely saw that kid.  Not a good enough reason to nix the name in my opinion, but they'll live.  It is my kid after all and what I say goes ;)  (Look at me getting all defensive LOL)

Coming up:  OK Blogger whats up with you deleting this part of my post....that wasn't very nice of you!!! LOL)

I think that I have a Dr appointment on Monday.  I need to call and check on it though because I usually have appointments on Wednesdays so its throwing me off a little.  At least its an actual appointment and not a work in like it was last time, stupid office.  (Not sure I told you about that, maybe another post is in order).   Anyway if what my doctor says is true this should be my last monthly appointment.  From here on out they should be every 2 weeks.  (OMG WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!!!)

Also I'm gonna start clearing out her room.  I don't think that I am to the point of calling it nesting because I don't feel the need to do it, I just know that it has to be done.  I want her room to be completely finished on the day that I bring her home, if for no other reason other than I don't want to walk around with a newborn in my arms having to dodge boxes because my hubby has given up (can you say trip hazard?).   Besides I have to do my part to feel comfortable that everything that I could do got done and all the rest was his responsibility.  (Don't worry he doesn't read my blog, other than that one post, so he won't get mad that I'm calling him out on this.  Besides I've done it in front of him already so he knows how I feel about it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment