Saturday, May 14, 2011

28 down, 11 to go!!! My 28 week update!

Tomorrow I turn 29 weeks.

Of course, I can't believe that it has gone by so fast.  So much stuff has happened this week, both baby related and not, so I am doing another weekly update....GO ME!!!!  LOL

I got a call on Wednesday from my doctor's office.  Of course when I saw the missed call, my heart sank.  I just KNEW that I would fail that glucose test.  So I called back not really wanting to hear the words and when the nurse answered, she said "YOU PASSED!!!"  LOL.  WOOHOOO!  I was so ecstatically happy, I even think I started tearing up a bit.   She apologized for scaring me with that too LOL.  Although she did have one piece of bad news,  apparently I'm anemic, so I have to take an extra iron supplement.  Not a biggie in the grand scheme of things considering what I could have had to do.  So I have my new bottle of iron pills, and I'm good to go, now I just have to remember to take them every day.....I am so bad about that.

I got a rather large box from a friend today.  She had told me that she was going to send me some of her maternity clothes that she won't use anymore.  She told me she had a couple shirts, couple pants, and a dress.  I open the box and there were like 5-6 shirts, 4-5 pants and a really cute dress!  I am so blessed to have friends like the ones that I have.  I can't hardly wait to go out this evening to a party for a friend of ours that just got back from Iraq.

I had my first stranger pregnancy encounter.  It was from a checker at Walmart.  She didn't try to touch my belly, I haven't had that happen yet from strangers, but she did ask me all about my baby and names, and told me it will be the hardest job that I will ever have and a whole bunch of things, that I don't really remember.   She also said that she approved of our name choice.  Weird comment, but whatever LOL.  

Weight Gain:  The last time I went to the doctor I noticed that I have gained a total of 12 pounds.  Not bad, given the amount of food that I eat on a daily basis :)

Symptoms:  I can't breath sometimes.  I have a feeling that its because there are 2 little hands (or feet) that are practicing her cheer leading moves, just because of where the pressure is at.  Thankfully she doesn't do it all the time yet, but I know its coming.  I also can't sleep all the way through the night, but on the plus side, I have gotten so used to getting up going to the bathroom and coming back to bed that now I don't even have to turn on any lights in either room, and I can usually fall asleep fairly quickly. 

Cravings: Milk and chicken.  Yup, my milk craving is back...and with a VENGEANCE!  I wasn't craving this much a while back.  I think next time I go to the doctor, I am going to ask him about taking calcium supplements so I don't feel like I need to drink a gallon a day.....yes I can easily drink ONE WHOLE GALLON a day.  Its sad really LOL.  The chicken craving was always kind of on the back burner so to speak, but lately if I want food, its chicken.  That's all that I seem to buy at the store too LOL.   Oh and it has to be grilled...its weird.
 
I am loving: That almost everything is falling into place.  I have a new job that will allow me to work from home once she is born!  its what I have always wanted since we started talking about having kids.  We knew that we wanted to raise them.  We didn't want to put them in daycare.  It was more of a money decision for us.  Especially now. 

I am looking forward to:  My baby showers.  One is gonna be at the end of May on the 29th and the other will be at the end of June  The 25th to be exact.  That part is coming up fast and I am getting really excited about it and check my registries daily, there has even been a couple things that have been bought from them.  I'm so excited!  :) 

I'm spazzing that:  My husband has made himself a baby-do-list.  He brought it home the other day and I saw it sitting on the table.    I know that its not a general to-do list because its stuff that I can't do because its all too big.  That makes me happy.  ALSO he told me he's starting to get excited.   He says he has his moments where if he hears something he didn't know about, something that's kind of gross or whatever, he says he stops getting so excited.  This is HUGE!  If you know my husband, and his personality, this has worried me from the get go.  He has never really been a fan of small children.  He has no interest in them and for years, because of this, I would jokingly tell our friends that I would be a married single mother.  But he is actually starting to get more and more involved, and I couldn't be happier.

Milestones:  I'm officially in the 3rd trimester....2/3 's down and 1/3 to go......almost 3/4 of the way done (or I will be next week).  And I think that I can feel the difference between her head and the rest of her.  She spends most of the time with her back facing my stomach, or on her left side I believe.  I mainly feel kicks on my right side up high, or down low.  Does that make sense? 

Movement:  Yup, of course.  She even kicked me once yesterday so hard that I actually said ouch.  That hasn't happened before, and with 12 weeks or so to go, I know it will only get worse.
 
It's a...: GIRL!!!!!

Exercise: Not so much.  I now get REALLY out of breath whenever I walk anywhere.  I know I should still be exercising, but its hard when I walk from one end of the house to the other a couple times and I can't hardly breathe.
Name:  Leigha Summer.  Its official...posted on facebook and everything.   Spelling has been agreed upon, family and friends have been told.  My daughter's name is going to be Leigha.

Coming up: I know that there are things that I have told you about that I said I was going to post more about, so I am going to go back and figure out what they are, and if they are still things that are relevant, I'm going to create a blog post about them.  (I really need to use the save draft feature more LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment