Monday, May 23, 2011

OMG!!! Week 30!!!!!

Today I am 30 weeks and 1 day.

OH MY GOSH! 

I am to the point where I am going out of my mind.  LOL.  Things have completely changed in my way of thinking.  I've gone from being laid back about everything, and being very mellow and cool about it all, to becoming and emotional basketcase (can ya tell from my last post?).  Everything now makes me cry, or makes me mad. 

I couldn't stand it any longer and we didn't have much more room, so I decided to take Leigha's clothes and hang them up in her closet.  Until now I had them in a box in order of size with the smallest items on the top.   As I start putting them on the hangers, I'm noticing that the clothes are getting bigger as the sizes go up (duh! LOL) I start crying thinking that my tiny little baby is getting bigger!  SHE'S NOT EVEN HERE YET!!!!

I went to Walmart this morning for the sole purpose of getting more hangers.  Sadly by hubby and I drop hangers on the floor when we get dressed in the morning, and we both end up stepping on them and breaking them, so we go through hangers pretty quickly.  Well $50 later, I walk out of the store with no hangers.  yup, I got so mad at myself.  Its as if all the stores that sell hangers were closing and never going to sell them again LOL. 

OMG, I'm nuts!!!

On a good note though, her room is 70% painted.  I have one wall that I still need to paint yellow, and I am debating on putting another coat on the pink walls.  On her yellow wall, I am going to get lots of different artists acrylics and paint bubbles all over it, but that's not really something that HAS to be done for the room to be ready ya know.  I can do that after she is here, that kind of thing.  Other than that I think that furniture wise her room will be pretty much ready to go.  I have taken down the queen bed in that room, the head and footboard of that still need to go in the attic and the mattresses need to be thrown away (right now they are making a pretty awesome dog bed as now I can find Espn and Allie in there all the time sleeping away on them.)    But we have a crib, a night stand, a small dresser, a bookcase and a rocker.  All that will be going in her room, with the only thing that we have to put together is her crib. 

Other than that, not much is going on.  I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, I don't expect much out of it.  I am going to give him my birth plan to read over and see if he sees anything on there that isn't possible or that I need to add.  I figure he has seen enough births to know whats realistic and whats not.  And I have started getting travel sized lotions and things of that nature to put in my hospital bag.   I'm probably gonna start adding to the bag slowly because I still have 10 weeks (give or take) to go, and I don't have that many summer items that I can afford to "lose".  I do have a list though that I will use to pack my bag.  I'll post it in another post in a moment.  I would appreciate it if you add a comment and let me know of something that you needed that you didn't pack and no one suggested that you pack or vice versa.   I've never done this before, and I want to make sure that I don't over or under pack anything.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment